The Mama Pack is here to change the face of the natal pack!
In the UK almost every mother looks forward to her ‘pack’ from the midwife and hospital…. the excitement of opening the pack up and rooting through all the freebies inside is tangible in the ante-natal clinics!
But there are a growing number of expectant mothers who feel let down by the contents as they look through the plastic printed bag.
Disposable nappies, disposable chemical filled wipes, disposable breast pads IF you get any at all….. handful’s of leaflets seemingly encouraging you to have a hospital birth, formula feed and buy the most expensive buggy and feed your precious baby from hermetically sealed jars of food prepared by machines in factories!
The Mama Pack is here to change all that!
Each pack will contain various SAMPLE items not only promoting but also letting you feel and test sample products that are earth friendly, ethical, holistic,natural and geared towards encouraging parents to a more attached and relaxed method of parenting.
Amongst our contributions we have:
Independent Midwives,Cloth Nappies,Cloth Nappy Advisor’s,Sling Makers,Cloth Sanitary Towels,Breastfeeding Advice,Nursing Necklaces,Breastfeeding Dolls,Natural & Organic Toiletries,Bath Bombs & Soaps,Knitwear,Menstrual Cups,Ethical Magazines,Organic Food,Art & Crafts……………………………………..
And SO much more!!
Our list of contributors is growing by the day.
Independent Midwives, Breastfeeding counsellors, Doulas, family of Mums to be and Mums to be are just some of the people who purchase Mama packs!
They are a fantastic gift for any Mother to be, fabulous educational tool for anyone wanting to learn more about a more natural parenting and fantastic tool for advertising and promoting YOUR business!
All paper products are either recycled or have a certain amount of recycled content. If not, then the virgin paper used comes from sustainable sources where at least one tree is planted for every tree chopped down.
All inks used on our paper bags are water based.
Glues and other chemicals are all environmentally friendly (i.e. starch based)
Some packaging may be plastic but we are currently sourcing alternatives as are our WAHM contributors.
• FSC certified labels – made with paper from well-managed forests
• Fully Recyclable – as part of paper waste
• Water-based adhesive – safe for you and the environment - This is a water based adhesive that doesn’t contain any harmful solvent and therefore it is safe for the environment or human beings. It can even bestuck on non-fatty foodstuff. For example you could stick the label to an apple, peel it off again and still eat the apple without any health risks.
• ECF-label paper – bleached elementary chlorine free
Contents of the Mama Pack fall under the individual samplers terms & conditions. Please refer to the website terms of each product. Please keep packs away from children under 16 as there may be products that may have small parts or not taste very nice as a young man who tried a soap nut found out! Actually he was a dad but it just goes to show!
The sample packs also contain discount coupons, free gift vouchers and competition entries for our WAHM stores and other ethical companies! So don’t throw the paperwork away… read it!! Pack contents may vary week by week.
- Rugby, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
- I am a mother of five children, four daughters all born in hospital (two now grown up!) and my son, born at home. One thing I know is that I would have had much more positive birth experiences if I had been well informed and well supported. Many women are feeling the same way and are seeking out the extra care a Doula can give them. I have been a Birth and Postnatal Doula for several years now, and am also a Lamaze Childbirth Educator providing 1-1 classes in antenatal preparation and baby care. I have special classes to help parents prepare for twins, homebirth, waterbirth, and parenting a new baby/babies. I am also a qualified antenatal teacher with the NCT and facilitate group classes in the Rugby/Coventry area. As a single mother I have an affinity with the special challenges of one parent families, or families where one partner is unavailable much of the time to offer support.