Workshop: Vaginal Birthing following Caesarean Section(s)
Commonly referred to as VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Caesarean)
Presented by Tina Coley, UK Regional Co-ordinator for ICAN, an experienced Recognised Birth Doula specialising in VBAC
who herself has had a VBAC after 3 previous caesareans
Gill Blayney PDC.Hyp BSCH – Practitioner in Clinical Hypnotherapy & HypnoBirthing@ (Mongan Method) & Doula
This course is aimed at mothers or couples who, for one reason or another, have experienced a caesarean section birth (commonly known as c-section). It is aimed at educating mothers or couples and will provide the necessary facts and information to enable parents to feel more empowered this time around.
The workshop will include the following:
1. A safe environment to explore the reasons for the previous caesarean(s) and the physical and psychological effects.
2. The facts about VBAC, including statistics, risks and relevant studies
3. How to put together a flexible birth plan aimed at increasing your chance of a successful natural birth
4. How to minimise risk
5. How to retain control should things not go to plan
This workshop will also provide an opportunity to begin the healing process which will allow past traumatic and/or emotional experiences, together with all associated memories to begin to mend, in a gentle, private and homeopathic way. Following this session you will notice the “raw” edge has been taken away from your discomforts and you will be able to move forward feeling more optimistic and hopeful about your future, whatever you’re planning.
After attending this course you will be in full possession of the facts, which will always take into account the safety of baby and mum as its first and foremost priority. You will be able to stand your ground and get an opportunity to experience the birth you hope for, whilst still remaining flexible to be able to adapt should certain circumstances arise – learn how to create a sensible, flexible birth plan to cover your individual requirements and outcomes.
Location of Workshop: Pitsford Village , Northampton
Day: SATURDAY Date: 24th July 2010 Time: 10am until 3pm
Early Bird Discount Prices £45** per person or £70 per couple
Places are limited; you may consider reserving your place with a deposit £20.
**Early bird discount available if paid deposit by 10/7/10. ( Normal prices £60 &£90).
Refreshments & light lunch provided. For more information please contact:
Tina Coley : 07515 527 199
Gill Blayney: 01604 643356 or 07801 367 989
Website: www.abcbirthing.co.uk email: email@example.com
- Rugby, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
- I am a mother of five children, four daughters all born in hospital (two now grown up!) and my son, born at home. One thing I know is that I would have had much more positive birth experiences if I had been well informed and well supported. Many women are feeling the same way and are seeking out the extra care a Doula can give them. I have been a Birth and Postnatal Doula for several years now, and am also a Lamaze Childbirth Educator providing 1-1 classes in antenatal preparation and baby care. I have special classes to help parents prepare for twins, homebirth, waterbirth, and parenting a new baby/babies. I am also a qualified antenatal teacher with the NCT and facilitate group classes in the Rugby/Coventry area. As a single mother I have an affinity with the special challenges of one parent families, or families where one partner is unavailable much of the time to offer support.