About Me

My photo
Rugby, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
I am a mother of five children, four daughters all born in hospital (two now grown up!) and my son, born at home. One thing I know is that I would have had much more positive birth experiences if I had been well informed and well supported. Many women are feeling the same way and are seeking out the extra care a Doula can give them. I have been a Birth and Postnatal Doula for several years now, and am also a Lamaze Childbirth Educator providing 1-1 classes in antenatal preparation and baby care. I have special classes to help parents prepare for twins, homebirth, waterbirth, and parenting a new baby/babies. I am also a qualified antenatal teacher with the NCT and facilitate group classes in the Rugby/Coventry area. As a single mother I have an affinity with the special challenges of one parent families, or families where one partner is unavailable much of the time to offer support.

Sunday 20 March 2011

xxxWelcome to the world baby Jed!xxx


Welcome to the world baby Jed born at 43weeks on 25th January 2011, and congratulations to his amazing family.. Jed arrived after his mum was led on an amazing journey through a planned homebirth onto a transfer and emergency cesarean section.. sometimes this is the way is is going to need to be to welcome a baby safely into the world.. and this was Jed's way. His mum was absolutely amazing and instinctively knew that Jed was reaching a point that she was going to have to ask for assistance to meet her baby.. and she was right!

thank you for chosing me as your doula and sharing your journey with me, it was a truly amazing birth that I shall always remember with gratitude and awe. xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment